Literature Study Guide Writer (Remote)
SuperSummary.com is a fast-growing academic study guide website that helps students, teachers, and everyday readers understand a variety of fiction and nonfiction books. Our study guides are authoritative and comprehensive, written by seasoned teachers, professors, and advanced-degree holders with years of experience in their fields—including humanities (e.g., literature, classics, theology, philosophy), social sciences (e.g., history, psychology, law, political science, economics), and natural sciences (e.g., biology, earth science).
We are currently looking for nonfiction writers with a passion for reading and the ability to analyze and summarize a variety of titles in your discipline. We’re looking to develop long-term relationships with writers who want to contribute to a growing team.
About the study guides:
- Our study guides have a length of approximately 15,000 words.
- Guides include standard sections, such as: Chapter Summaries, Chapter Analyses, Character Analysis, Themes, Symbols and Motifs, Index of Terms, Important Quotations, and Essay Topics.
- Nonfiction book titles we’ve covered recently: The Death and Life of the Great Lakes (Dan Egan); Us and Them: Understanding Your Tribal Mind (David Berreby); and Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln (Doris Kearns Goodwin).
About the job:
- Writers typically complete one study guide every month, or 12 per year.
- We offer competitive compensation and prompt payment.
- We offer steady, long-term freelance work.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience working on deadline.
- Experience with literary analysis and academic writing.
For fiction: Advanced degree in English, Literature, Creative Writing or similar.
For nonfiction: Advanced degree in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences.
- Teaching experience in your discipline is a huge plus.